Sunday, January 15, 2012

How I ended my 2011

Ø Went back to my hometown…so lucky that it was durian season I have a multilicious (the new word I created) durians from Ranau. Seriously peeps Ranau durian is on top of the chart.

Ø Organizing an impromptu Tcamp at my grandma’s kampong. Feel blessed and the peeps there asked me ‘where you’ve been hiding for all this while, we need you here!!’ and my answer was I’m not hiding it’s just that I’m immersed myself in a low-profile mode.

Ø Looking after my mom and accompanied her to go for scheduled appointments at 2 hospitals. (a must-to-do thing when I’m at home)

Ø Visited my girlfriend at her Tiger Homestay in Lawas, thanks for the warm and super duper hospitality given by Pammy and her familia.

Ø Attended my buddy’s intercultural wedding, Datuk Henry my buddy during uni time. An Iban married to a Lundayeh. Having a new experience of attending a Lundayeh wedding. I take my hat off to them as they are still practicing their culture.

Ø Visited another buddy from uni time, Salvia as she will have her engagement ceremony the next day (she’s engaged now), couldn’t make it for the engagement ceremony as we needed to head back to hometown so we made an early visit.

Ø Celebrated Christmas at my grandma’s kampong for the first time ever in my life. Though it was simple, I did enjoy myself.

Ø Having open house at my cuzzie’s house. Another makan-makan time, the part where I’m surely gain some weight.

Ø Girlfriends day out with my secondary school besties; Dora, Tom & Betty. We headed to Tan Sri’s house(btw it’s not his title it’s his name) to eat durian and had a photography session at Tugu Nunuk Ragang. As usual I’ll be the model.

Ø Having a Christmas celebration at my very own kampong and as usual we are in-charge of the deco.

Ø Fly back to KL with heavy-hearted, I bid adieu to my Mom and I cried. Over and over again I’ve been thinking “AM I TOO SELFISH?”.

Ø Attended meeting with the CEO and knew that 2012 will be a tough and challenging and the good news has put a smile on everyone’s faces . More responsibilities to come!!!!

Ø My New Year celebration- a steamboat session at Pastor P’s house. Doing countdown by sleeping and realized that clock struck 12 with the sound of the fireworks that lasted for quite a long time. I was super duper tired from the journey from Ranau to Kl then early morning meeting that I wrapped myself inside a blanket and didn’t even care about new year.

2011 has been a great and blessed year for me. I started my career as teacher and involved with so many things in ministries. 2012…………..here I come!!!!

No comments: