Wednesday, October 3, 2012

In the name of responsibility





As I was walking back home one day, I saw a man with his daughter picking up rubbish. To my surprise it was not even their compound but it belongs to the public. For ages none of us take the responsibility to pick it up but the act of the man and his daughter somehow touched me and it made me realize that a simple deed can make this world a better place. Yeah of course it’s not even their duty but somehow the rubbish will give such a terrible and horrendous sight.

 Back in school, I have to keep on reminding my students to pick up the litters on the floor but the words that will always come out from their mouth “It’s not mine!”  Well that’s explains why we are listed in the top least courteous. The blaming game will always go one with no one to take charge of it. Hey you! It’s not about finding who’s the one responsible in throwing the litter but it’s about how we as a civilized citizen willing to pick it up in the name of responsibility.

We do can make a difference! Let’s make the change now and make Malaysia a better place to live in! 


No comments: