Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Asked God


I asked God to give me straight A’s

But 2 came out as TH

I asked for straight A’s again

But God just gave me 4

I asked God for 9 this time

But why he gave me only 4 and I got 7 for add maths

Why

Why

And why?


He is so unfair

Going to boarding school

Becoming a forensic expert

These were my dreams

I didn’t ask much

But why He didn’t fulfill it


I went to church every Sunday

I fast 24 hours before every examination

But why?

My life was ruined

I can’t see what future awaits me


I enrolled in form 6 science

I got my confidence back in my run to achieve my dreams

Just 2 months and I found out it was so difficult for me

Chemistry made my cry

Biology drove me crazy

Maths was killing me

Oh God will I ever get through this


I have thought of quitting

But how can I tell my friends when they ask me what I’m doing now

Then came this telegram stated there about an interview

After two days I went and came unprepared

The writing test was easy but the interview session was way tougher

I didn’t know any current news so I just made up


1 month later came this offer later

Yes I made it

But I cried

I cried because I’m going to bid adieu to my family

5 years of study and now I’m a TESL graduate

Looking back on how my life was before

I feel so embarrassed

I feel so ashamed

If I take the time to listen to His voice during that time

I think this is what He will say to me

My child,

It’s not that I don’t want to give you straight A’s

But you are not ready for it

For you will become snobbish

And leave me behind

I asked you to continue with your ministry but you turn Me down

For I know your strengths and weaknesses

For I know you what future holds for you

And I know what’s the best for you


Today I say to God

Thanks for everything

Thanks for always standing beside me when I turn you down

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to know about You

I will never stop thanking You

For the greatest thing in my life is knowing You

I didn’t know much why You wanted me to become a teacher

But I now I know you have given the vision to me

To be the light and salt to my students

And now I stop asking but I start doing

2 comments:

Summer Heartbeat said...

awesome! i used to be angry at things that didnt work out the way i want them to be, then when i look back at my own life, only then i realize how GOD is actly watching my back,HE let things fall apart so that we can finally have the best in our lives. :D

IvY said...

indeed many times in our life we like to have our own way instead of dwelling in things that He has prepared for us. the good things is when we realized, made a U-turn to the right path